Have you ever experienced burnout in your small business? Maybe you used to be SO PASSIONATE about your business, only to find yourself one day, hating the very thing, you used to love? Are you exhausted, trying to reach for more, when you don’t even know what “more” looks like for you?
We’ve been there! On this week’s episode for Unlock Your Creative Podcast, Marketing and Business Strategist Melanie Aubert and Hollistic Creative Coach Melissa Lande, chat about their unique take on experiencing burnout (HINT: it’s not what you think!)
They discuss what you need to do in order to reignite your creativity and why you’re experiencing burnout in the first place.
Let’s find your creativity again, shall we?
Key Takeaways from Today’s Episode:
- Getting burnt out, or feeling exhausted, is not a reflection of who you are. It is simply a temporary emotion that you are experiencing. Do not self-identify with your burnout
- Take inventory of all the tasks you are doing and ask yourself if they are truly in alignment with your zone of genius. Is this what you want to be spending your time in this life doing?
- Don’t hustle for more, for the sake of having more. Finding happiness in your present moment regardless of outside circumstances will serve you far longer than any attributes or business outcome ever well
- Disruption = growth
- [6:30] Hitting burnout opens your eyes and allows you to create a new possibility for yourself, instead of sticking with the status quo
- [11:39] Get rid of the “I shoulds” in your vocabulary so that you aren’t being busy-for-busy-sake, or driven by the comparison to what everyone else is doing
- [13:09] Disrupt the routine of your day by changing up something you’ve always done, so you can begin to look at how you spend your time with fresh eyes
- [17:00] If you are experiencing burnout, this typically stems from trading your creativity for an outside material outcome (ie. money)
- [23:00] Woo woo tip – following the moon can help align your energy with your purpose
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Why you ask? Because when you subscribe, you help support this podcast, which lets us reach a bigger audience to get our message out to other creative entrepreneurs struggling to ditch the hustle and live a life that they love, without sacrificing for the business that they created!
If you loved this episode, please review us on iTunes by clicking here!
We would be so grateful! Just click here, “Select Ratings and Review”, and “Write A Review” and let us know, what your biggest takeaway was from this episode!