In this week’s episode, Marketing and Business Strategist Melanie Aubert interviews her brilliant Co-host / Creative Genius Melissa Lande!
She dishes the truth behind running a 6-figure photography business, finding happiness, letting business go, her struggles, her strengths and what you can do when you’re not in alignment with your life.
Key Takeaways from Today’s Episode:
- Perfectionism is rooted in fear, which produces shame. Many creatives are tied to being a perfectionist because they feel it’s the only way they can be seen & heard
- Are you isolating yourself, in the pursuit of more success in your creative business?
- The workaholic tendencies to build your business, are actually the characteristics that can wreck your business in the long-term
- [6:02] Developed perfectionist tendencies as a child because I felt like I needed to be seen and heard
- [9:02] After starting my photography business, I isolated myself from other people that I loved, because I was willing to sacrifice them in pursuit of more success
- [11:39] I hit business burnout despite the fact that I had made six figures. The perfectionist or workaholic tendencies that got me to the current point of success, were actually the pieces of my personality that wrecked me the most
- [13:16] Perfectionism and creatives are often linked together because we create too often, from a seat of shame. They feel unworthy of their craft or the result of their creativity. They don’t actually see themselves deserving the life that they want
- [16:15] Going deeper inside yourself to find your WHY will sustain your creativity and passion for your craft when you hit business burnout
- [23:49] Falling prey to the belief that someone else business model was better than mine, because on the surface they appeared more successful
- [31:00] Business advice for creatives
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Why you ask? Because when you subscribe, you help support this podcast, which lets us reach a bigger audience to get our message out to other creative entrepreneurs struggling to ditch the hustle and live a life that they love, without sacrificing for the business that they created!
If you loved this episode, please review us on iTunes by clicking here!
We would be so grateful! Just click here, “Select Ratings and Review”, and “Write A Review” and let us know, what your biggest takeaway was from this episode!